17 June 2012

Relationships

Relationships

So, I was working at Goodwood and having a chat with one of my colleagues. You see, men don't talk about relationships with other men unless it is about Sex. Intimacy, feelings and all those heavy duty words are mostly missing from a man's vocabulary.

Anyway, the topic went to relationships and the guy said to me that he has been dating his girlfriend for 2.5 years and he thinks they're perfect for each other BECAUSE they've never had an argument. As soon as he said that, I knew that was a lie. I don't think you can ever NOT have an argument with your partner every once in a while. Especially for that long. Arguments are important in a relationship. They're not necessary but they're sometimes very essential to keep the fire burning.

Relationships are about having that massive argument and then having the balls to say sorry without holding any grudges and moving on! The day you start holding a grudge against your partner, the day you start having an ego in the argument, the day you decide not to say Sorry is the day the rot starts in a relationship.

Communication, I believe, is the most important thing in a relationship. Your mind is like a bin, if you don't clear your grudges with your partner by talking, the bin is going to get full faster and its anybody's guess what would then happen when it starts overflowing!

Me and Her
I love my partner more than anything in the world. I have grown to accept her the way she is especially because she accepts me the way I am. I get mad at her every now and then and we both end up saying stuff we wouldn't normally say and we have sparks flying every now and then but before going to bed, we always clear up and say sorry and move on! I don't think, I'd ever be happy with anyone else apart from her. I look forward to being 80 years old with her on my side bollocking me for not looking after my health and wiping every little doorknob to table surface with anti-bacterial wipes so that our kids won't get infections! 

No comments: