07 May 2012




Family.
It might just look like another photo from the 70s/80s but this is my dad and his 4 siblings. And the room that this photo has been taken in is actually our house. My dad’s family was raised in those 4 walls. My grandpa, grandma, my dad, my 3 uncles and my aunt. Yes 7 people!

They were raised from birth to their adulthood in that room which was a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, dining room and a reception, all squeezed in one. Space was not a constraint. They never complained or ever moaned about having a bigger house. Grandpa and Uncle got the bed,  grandma had one uncle and aunt on either side on the floor. Dad and the 3rd uncle slept under the bed. And they were still all very happy.

Today whatever liberties and luxury that our 3rd Shinde generation is enjoying is all down these humble people of our family. No matter what we do or where we get to in the future, my family will always remind me to keep my feet on the ground and remind me of my roots.

Their sacrifices have ensured our better future and I will strive to do the same for my little girl. No matter what luxurious car I drive, I will always remember my grandpa’s cycle rides for miles every day from his village to Pune in his heydays for work. No matter how many sleepless nights I have, I won’t forget my dad’s life of working during the day and college at night. No matter how many responsibilities we get, we will never match the hardwork our Mum n dad has put in.
We are what our parents made us.

A very humble photo!



No comments: